Friday, April 13, 2012

Back to the Blogging World

It's been awhile and even though I had planned to get back to blogging on April 5, 2012 I was delayed a bit. I'll first give you a few updates about my life and then, give you updates on my hair.

Life:
1. I have a new puppy a chihuahua mix named Raymond Sheldon (my fave sitcom characters) Pictures coming...
2. I am setting new career goals. Being a secretary is pleasing but, not a satisfying career.
3. I have started a blog for my crafting, knitting, and crocheting. It can be found HERE even though the updates aren't that often because it takes time to create

Hair:
My hair is growing and mo hair mo problems. LOL. Fairy knots are attacking me like crazy. I find myself dreading wash days. It takes about an hour just to put my hair in two cornrows. I find myself flocking to protective hairstyles. Every blue moon I will rock it out and then, the next day it'll be back in a protective style. I actually haven't changed any of my hair products and don't see myself doing so because I am pretty pleased with them :-)

On April 5, 2012 I celebrated my 2 year hair anniversary. Yay me! I am very pleased with the growth despite the time it takes to do my hair. I look forward to another exciting and rewarding natural year. As my hair grows, I get asked over and over and over again from naturals and non-naturals alike when I am going to straighten it. LISTEN UP. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. That is what I want to say but, I just smile politely and say nicely "I don't plan on ever doing it." I think what annoys me most is that people look at my hair as potential and don't accept it for what it is. I think I get the most irritated when the same people ask me over and over again like they think they can brainwash me. "It's not like a perm or anything." "Have you ever even had your hair straight." "I promise you it would be so long." I'm like whatev. You just do you and Ima do me. I don't question others hair practices so, please just let me be. I am officially off that soap box. LOL


My hair 2 years later. Still in love with it. This was a very chunky braid out. I had about 7-8 braids in and used EVOO and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Pudding. I braided most of the hair and twisted the ends for the spiral look and easy take down.

3 comments:

  1. Man I love twist outs! Especially on hair as thick as yours.

    Welcome back, and I'm waiting on those puppy pics ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I will make sure to post some pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the braid out.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete