Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Staple Product: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo



So, its official. I have changed my shampoo. I previously used Giovanni Deeper Moisture for my hair but, I found it too harsh. My sister, Auset, bought me some Shea Moisture and I absolutely love this shampoo. I have now been using it for a little over 2 months and the verdict is in. Check out the pros below.

PROS:
1. Great ingredients (look below for ingredients listing)
2. Does not strip the hair
3. Really cleanses the hair and scalp without drying it out
4. Does not have an overbearing smell
5. Easily available (Local Target, Walgreens, etc.)
6. Sulfate free

CONS:
1. None

Ingredients:
Contains de-ionized water, Decyl Glucoside (sugar beets), African black soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (willow) bark extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) seed oil, charcoal powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, Simmondsia chinensis seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) oil (denotes certified organic ingredients), aloe vera leaf juice, vitamin E, rosemary extract, plantain extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract.

I could go on and on about the greatness of this product but, I won't. Simply put, I love it and I don't see myself changing it any time soon...

2 comments:

  1. I am going to seek for this product where I am from because my scalp is always dry and itchy no matter how much oil or beautiful products I put on it. Maybe I am just dehydrated from head to toe. and am in need of lots of water. :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    This is the first great review I have heard of this product. Glad it works for yah!!

    ReplyDelete