Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Individual Braids (Extensions)


Really, I am not one for extensions or weaves (for me, not judging anyone else). But, I have to admit that I am really digging the sorta comeback of long individual extension braids. I was looking in the Glamour magazine for this month and this photo of this beautiful lady rocking individual braids in a top bun was simply GORGEOUS to me!


These are the pictures from Glamour magazine (April 2011 issue)

It had me searching the internet for more pictures of individual braid extensions. And below are just a few that I am really digging--some are old and some are new.
Honestly, I don't think I will be rocking the individual braids because my hair can't take that kind of tension and pressure. My hair loves loose, no-pressure styles. And it was the picture below that stopped me from ever considering rocking the extension braids. 
That pressure on the edges just puts fear in me.

But, you never know...Maybe some day in the faaaar future I'll be able to rock the look with my natural hair:-)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE to see the big braids up in a bun. I can't wait until I have enough hair to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR!! That look is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a lot of girls with braids. It beautiful when done nicely like brandy or Solange.


    Fashion Rehab

    ReplyDelete