Monday, April 11, 2011

Hairstyle: French Braids leading to Low Pony Puff



So, since I had a rather busy and full weekend I wasn't able to do my hair on Friday. So, I did it on Sunday. I shampooed my hair using Giovanni Triple Tea Shampoo (a gift from my sister, Auset). I then co-washed with Suave Almond conditioner (another gift from my sister, Auset). I did an oil rinse of 50:50 castor oil and EVOO. I then deep conditioned witht he Suave Almond conditioner.

Here's how I achieved this style.
1. I parted my hair into three sections. Two in the front and one in the back.
2. I then applied the Suave Naturals in coconut to a section in the front and cornrowed it.
3. I then applied the conditioner to the other sections and cornrowed it.
4. I then applied the conditioner to the back section and pulled all of the hair, including the braids into the low pony tail.
5. I put two-strand twists in the ponytail part so, that my hair would not be matted and tangled up the next morning.
6. I then slept with a satin scarf over the entire do.
7. The next morning, I simply took the twists out and seperated it. Of course, it was still wet but, I knew this was going to happen. I wasn't going for a super defined puff.

I really like this easy style:-)

SN: I know its crazy that I pulled my hair into a low pony tail considering I really hate any pressure on my hair. But, I didn't put in the band tight and I don't plan on having this style but for 2-3 days.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great sis!! Love it!!



    www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty style!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! Love your styles Ms.Cee C!! Make-up on point too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! I really appreciate it:-)

    ReplyDelete