Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being Realistic...

So, I have been dreading--absolutely DREADING--taking down these mini twists. The task seems so daunting--and it is. My sister and mother kept saying "I feel sorry for you" and "That's going to take forever" as I was attempting to take down my hair.

In my mind, I was going to dedicate a night to taking down my hair. However, I started the take down process on Monday night, continued Tuesday night, and I still have some more twists to take out. I wasn't realistic when I was putting in the twists. For some reason, I felt that it would take 8-9 hours and I would be done. However, it took 16 hours.

So, I have come to the conclusion that I need to be realistic when setting hair goals. No, its not going to take one night to get these mini twists out of this head. And I may not get them all out tonight. But, I do know that I am going to work diligently to get them out. I am so looking forward to washing my hair, doing an oil rinse, deep conditioning it, etc.

Have you ever set hair goals and had to be realistic that it just wasn't going to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment