Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dividing Up My Hair Tasks

Photo Source HERE

As you all know, I have set a length goal to have my hair graze my shoulders unstretched. When setting length goals, its easy to look at the finished product and not think about the work that goes into natural hair that length.

My hair has not reached the goal I've set for myself yet. But, I'm already finding myself spending more and more time on my hair. It takes about 8 hours to put in average size twists now. It takes about the same amount of time to take them down while finger detangling them.

Therefore, I have found myself dividing up my hair tasks. In the past, I would take the hair down, then detangle, then wash, oil rinse, deep condition, and style. Things have changed. For instance, last night I took down my two-strand twists, detangled, and then braided it in jumbo braids to keep in detangled. I did not wash my hair or style it because it was about 11:00 pm. So I went to bed. This morning I just pulled the hair up. The next task I will tackle will be washing, oil rinsing, deep conditioning, and styling tonight.

I have accepted that I can't do all that I used to in one session unless I plan on doing my hair the whole day and not going anywhere. Not gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment