Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Hair Today: Cornrows with Center Part
So, I have been wanting to try this style for awhile but, I was a bit hesitant. Usually, center parts don't compliment my face. However, I really like how this style came out. I feel the parts could've been straighter but, it is what it is.
Here's what I did:
1. Co-washed my hair with V05 Moisturizing Milk in Peach
2. Oil rinsed using 50:50 mixture of EVOO and EVCO
3. Deep conditioned for 30 minutes with V05 Moisturizing Milk conditioner
4. Rinsed out and began to style
5. I applied Suave Naturals in Coconut as my leave-in
6. I then created a center part in the middle of my comb using the rat tail end of a comb
7. I put 5 cornrows on each side of my hair.
8. Once finished, I spritzed my hair with EVOO/water mixture, applied EVOO, and covered my hair for the night
9. The next morning I two-strand flat twisted the hanging pieces and led them to the back of my hair. I then bobby-pinned it in place.