Friday, July 22, 2011

My Hair Dries So Easily and Dry Hair Equals Breakage


I think I pretty much know my hair now after being in this journey for over a year. And one thing I learned about my hair is that it dries pretty easily. And gets dry even more so when my hair is out.

As I was detangling yesterday, I noticed some short breakage pieces. Of course, we know that short pieces of hair is not good. So, I think I'm going to do a protein treatment with coconut milk. And maybe a black tea rinse. My sister, Auset, tells about the benefits of using coconut milk for protein and strength. She also gives us a word of caution about using coconut milk treatments. The article can be found {HERE} and {HERE}

My main reason for using this coconut milk treatment will be for strength. My hair is growing, which is good. But, as the hair gets longer then, my ends get weaker because those are the oldest part of the hair. Since I do have length goals and am trying to retain length then I need to treat those older parts of my hair like a newborn baby.

I have learned that it is essential to observe and analyze your hair constantly. By doing this, you can take preventive measures to continue in your hair endeavors.
I just wanted to post this picture of my hair. This was last night after I finished twisting it. You can see the slight feathering that I am experiencing. This comes from weak ends and experiencing breakage on those ends. Strength is needed.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your results! I too tried the coconut milk treatment after reading Auset's posts and it worked very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it worked well for you. Its good to hear positive things about this treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try the coconut milk treatment!!

    https://zoelove.bigcartel.com/
    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sis! I used to do a coconut milk treatment once a week last year and that stuff is strengthening! If you need more strength for your hair you can also try shikakai powder and coconut milk or some henna and coconut milk...These are also great (you can check out my blog for more info).
    Thanks for sharing sis!


    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the input, ladies! Funbi, I really appreciate the tips. I think the coconut milk and henna sounds phenomenal. I will definitely check it out on your blog---->

    ReplyDelete