Monday, January 3, 2011
Hair Resolutions for 2011
So, I have not made any actual resolutions for the New Year. However, I do have some hair resolutions/goals for 2011. This list is in no particular order.
1. Retain Length - I don't have an actual goal for my length (for example: saying I want to have 6 inches or more). However, I do want to retain length. This will show me that I am taking the proper steps to take care of my hair and that I am not experiencing any breakage.
2. Purchase the Oyin Handmade line - There are so many products I want to try from this company so, I will be purchasing quite a few of their products. I have had a chance to try out my sister, Auset's products from this line and I loved it!
3. Start making my own whipped shea butter - I saw a video on this on YouTube and I want to start making some for myself, my sisters, and friends.
4. Maintain the health of my hair - I am really pleased with the health of my hair. I had a major hair mishap in July and had a bald patch. I identified the problem and the hair has been flourishing in that area. I will continue to maintain the health of my hair by retaining moisture, sealing my ends, applying no pressure to my hair, being gentle with my entire head and edges, having NO contact with heat, and so much more.
5. Chunky Braid Outs and Chunky Twist Outs - I really want to start trying chunkier hairstyles. I simply adore BIG, THICK, HUMONGOUS hair and I feel these styles will help me to achieve them.