Monday, January 31, 2011
Hairstyle: Mini Twists
This past Saturday I was really anxious to try something new with my hair. I decided on mini twists.
In the past, I have had mini twists but, I never put them in myself (my sister Auset did) and they were never this small. It took me 8 hours to put them in. I divided my hair into 4 sections and it took about 2 hours per section. I started at 5:00 pm and finished at 1:00 am. I was delirious by the time I finished but, I was very pleased with the results.
Before I put the twists in I did the following: This past Thursday, I shampooed my hair with Giovanni Deep Moisture shampoo. I then did an oil rinse using 50:50 mixture of castor oil and EVOO. After that I deep conditioned with the Giovanni conditioners and I applied the Giovanni leave-in conditioner. I did all this with my hair in braids--->I did take down the front cornrows and put in individual bradis in order to get all parts of my scalp. I wore the braids on Friday and Saturday morning and took them out Saturday afternoon to start my twists.
These are the steps:
1. First, pick out about 4 movies in order to pass the time:-)
2. I took the braids out of my hair so, my hair was somewhat stretched out.
3. I then divided my hair into 4 sections and held them in place with butterfly clips.
4. I then started parting the hair and putting in very small twists using Fantasia IC Olive Gel.
5. Once I finished, I applied EVOO over my entire head.
6. I put on a satin bonnet for the night.
Check out the video HERE of this hairstyle.