Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Future Hair Plans...

So, I have been re-thinking my regimen (especially for the summer) and I have decided that I will start rocking more protective styles such as twists, braids, etc. The reason for this is that my hair is just getting too long and tangles are occuring more frequently. I mean they occur like crazy. And though I do have patience with my hair, I just don't want to have 2-3 day styling sessions with my hair. I have realized that I have a significant decrease in tangles whenever I rock styles such as twists. So, that is what I will be doing.

I'm not saying I won't ever wear my hair out but, I really do think that I will just rock my hair in "out" styles on very special occasions.

I am excited about rocking my protective styles. I plan on putting in some medium sized twists this weekend after I detangle, wash, co-wash, etc. I will continue to keep you posted and post pics of the hairstyles that I try with my medium sized twists. Maybe I should call them "midi twists"...

5 comments:

  1. Hey sis!! You are totally speaking my language!! I have also noticed that as my hair grew, tangles multiplied so I decided to always have on protective styles!! My hair looooooves it!! No tangles, maximum length retention and no bad hair days (if all goes well)...I love protective styling...for life! lol


    http://datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Funbi! Those tangles are getting to be on steroids. I just can't take those long detangling sessions. I am SO looking forward to my protective styling life :-) *and such great perks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair isn't your length but I am looking for some protective styles that I can do with twists. I just want to retain length so I can get to your length one day! lol
    Can't wait to see what you are going to do with your midi twists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Twists are the way to go when looking for length retention, less tangles, and all that good stuff. I will make sure to post pics of the styles I try with the twists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks awesome in that photo! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete