Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Thoughts on my Wash N' Go

My how the times have changed! I always assumed that I would not be a Wash N' Go (WNG) kinda girl. (They tell you what happens when you assume). Simply put, I always loved trying out new hairstyles and doing new hairstyles. I always thought WNGs would lead to a crazy amount of tangles and matted hair. I always thought that WNG = Lazy Hair Day. How my thought process has changed these past days!!

Here's what I love about WNGs:
1. I can achieve the Day 3 or Day 4 (of a twist out or braid out) hair look--which I was always partial to--on Day 1 of a WNG.
2. I actually have much less and I mean much less fairy knots and tangles. I don't know if this was because of the oil rinse but, I always do oil rinses whenever I wash my hair. So, I think this is due to my hair not being constricted into a twist or a braid--meaning the strands are not formed together in this set spiral or wave.
3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my hair texture. (This kinda goes back to number 1). See, I like braid-outs and twist-outs every now and then but, like I said I never really liked that set look. But, with a WNG my hair does what it does. I simply adore those random pieces and curls that would just pop out.
4. With a WNG I can simply wake up n' go after Day 1. I did this anyway with my twist-outs and braid-outs but, I can also do this with my WNGs.
5. I no longer equate WNG with Lazy Hair Day. I equate WNG with Easy Hair Day.
6. Did I mention how fierce a WNG looks? I noticed from looking at my sister, Auset, and other pics on the internet how on-point WNGs look. You really can just be rocking some sweats and  a t-shirt and still look like the bizness

I do plan on doing more hairstyles. And since I am going to be on vacation next week I even debated putting in some mini twists. But, I decided that I am going to rock another WNG next week (just cause I want to) and I also want to wear a WNG to my sister's graduation. So, I think that I am going to put the mini twists in on Monday, May 16th after my sister's graduation. I am pretty excited about trying out some new hairstyles and updos with the mini twists. I have so many floating around my head! However, I am just more excited about WNGs :-)

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I am totally loving this WNG style on you!! It has lasted well!! Fierce, fierce!


    www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Funbi! IKR! It surprised me how long its lasted so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaamazzzing!!! ( I'm actually singing ) I'm so excited to visit your blog... Infinant inspiration! Gorgeous! I love love Auset's WNGs too. Natural hair rooocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Qzan! And natural hair does rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful! One of these days I'm going to try this style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Hannah! And I hope it turns out wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete