I have realized that my braid out updo has become a staple hairstyle for me. The reason this hairstyle is a staple is because it requires no manipulation from a comb. The night before I simply cornrow the hair. The next morning I take the cornrows out. And then I pin them up. (all of this was described in a previous post).
However, though this style is so easy, I began to feel bored with the look. For this reason alone I decided to put some braids in the front of the updo. Just for a little something extra. I really like how it came out and will be wearing this for the remainder of the week.
These are the steps:
1. Put in 2-3 side cornrows in the front of hair. (these braids will not be taken down the next day)
2. Cornrow the remaining hair straight back.
3. Take the back cornrows out the next day.
4. Pin the loose hair under. (pin the hair in sections)
5. Remember to pin the front cornrows end pieces into the updo to camouflage them.
And you're done!