Friday, May 28, 2010

A Staple Product: Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Gel


Even though I am not starting any locs (at least no time soon) I must admit that this is a great product. I will be using this product mainly for my twists. As mentioned previously, I put some twists in my hair this past Sunday and this set is so much better than the last. Last time I used Cantu Shea Butter on dry hair. This was probably not the best choice because my twists did not last that long and they kept unravelling. By using the Jamaican Mango & Lime, I have not had this problem. My twists are still in and I love how they are looking today. Each night I would simply sleep with a satin bonnet and oil my hair every other day. Refer to the pic below to see my hair today...this is day 5 with the twists.



Here are the pros of this product:
(1)It does what it says it will do...I have no buildup, and my twists are still looking great and held up wonderfully. (2)The smell is so blissful (i am a sucker for great scents). (3)This product also promises that it is great for starting and maintaining locs and this is true. Even though I don't have locs my sister did for 4 years and I she was a faithful user of this product--which, is probably why we have random bottles of it in the house.(4)I love the texture of it...it does not feel like your typical gel. It feels kind of bouncy and lightweight (rather hard to describe).

Here are the cons of this product:
(1)Some people may not like the texture of the product if they are expecting it to feel like a typical gel. (2)I don't really understand the ingredients of the product, however; there isn't a long list of ingredients (which is a good thing).

Ingredients:
Deionized Water (Aqua) , Polyquaternium 37 , VP DMAPA , Acrylate Copolymer , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance (Parfum) , Yellow #10 (CI 47005) , Red #33 (CI 17200)

Overall, this will definitely be a staple product for me. I love that it maintains my twists. And considering that I will doing more protective styles like twists on my hair, this product is a must.

I feel that my twists could definitely last for about 4-5 more days, however; on Sunday night I will be doing a new set on dry hair. I will be co-washing on Saturday and deep conditioning on Saturday also.

**I included a bonus pic below because I am in love with her hair and she is very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment