Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hairstyle: Pinned up Braid Out...Great Updo





This is a style that I created one morning. Every night I put in about 4-6 cornrows in my hair to keep it from tangling (maybe I'll do a future post on this ritual). And usually I would pic the hair out to have a fro but, one morning I was feeling super lazy. So instead of picking the hair out, I just pinned it up in this updo. This look received so many compliments! I couldn't go anywhere without someone loving it. So, I figured that this must be a classic style. I feel it would look very nice at a wedding, cocktail party, or just a random day.


These are the steps:
1. Cornrow hair into about six cornrows the night before (make sure they are moisturized)
2. Take down the cornrows the next morning.
3. Then pin the hair up in the direction you like most (i use about 20 bobby pins)
**Accesories also look really nice with this style...such as decorative pins or flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment