Friday, May 21, 2010

A Staple Product - Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil



Product reviews will be a recurring theme on this blog. I will begin by focusing on the products that I use most often. This product review is on Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil. I must admit that I did not purchase this product. My baby sister, Auset Abena, purchased it while at school and when she brought it home during Spring Break she left it by mistake. Since she left it, I decided to use it on my hair and observe how it worked(I did let her know I would be using it).

This is the description of the product from Carol's Daughter website, www.carolsdaughter.com: Tui Hair Oil soothes dry scalp while adding shine and softness providing hydration and moisture for styling and healthy hair growth.

I must admit that I adore this product for a number of reasons. First off, the smell is simply divine. It is a perfect "perfume" for the hair and I love it. It is a mix of guave, mango, and passion fruit! Secondly, this product gives my hair the most lustrous sheen. I usually apply it only twice a week and the sheen will last throughout my week. Thirdly, this product really does add softness to my hair. Since using this product my hair has never felt dry, brittle, or hard to the touch. And lastly, I love this product because of the moisture it provides for my hair. I am always seeking products that provide moisture b/c type 4 hair has a tendency to dry out.

It should be noted that this product is paraben free, with no petroleum, no mineral oil, and no artificial color. What great perks!!

These are the ingredients:Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Fragrance, Calendula officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract. May Contain: Dried Angel Wings (Assorted Colors).

I will be purchasing this product in the future because it will be a staple. I have not tried any of Carol's Daughter other products, but I must admit that I am curious about the hair milk. The only thing that deters me from her products is that she advertises them as "Excellent for all hair types." I just don't believe that products can cater to hair types across the board. Because everyone hair differs and what works for my tight coils may not work for a person with bone straight hair. But that just my opinion...

I do love this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment