Monday, October 18, 2010

Hairstyle: Curly Twist Updo

Since I have committed myself to wearing this set of twists in my hair for 2 weeks I knew that I would play around with different ways to wear it. In a previous post I showed 2 ways I wore the twists: (1)side swept and (2)an updo. I stated in that post that I had curled my twists but, I wasn't really feeling the look. But, those curls came in handy! On the 3rd day, I did an updo and kept some of the curls out along with a bang. On the 4th day, I wore it the same way because I loved it so much. On the 5th day, I still wore it the same way. Finally on the 6th, 7th, and 8th day I tried something new with the curly twist updo. I simply pinned back the bang and let more of the curls show.

This will definitely be my go-to style for the colder months. And I received so many compliments at work on this style! It is a really easy 'do.

Day 3 - First day of curly twist updo. Day 3 - First day of curly twist updo (side view). Day 4 - Second day of curly twist updo. Day 5 - Third day of curly twist updo. Day 8 (today) - Sixth day of curly twist updo (side view). I pinned back the bang and let more of the curls out. Day 8 (today) - Sixth day of curly twist updo. I pinned back the bang and let more of the curls out.

Here's what I did:
(for the initial twists)
1. I dry twisted my hair with Jamaican Mango and Lime
2. I oiled my scalp with essential oils.
3. I oiled my hair with EVOO.
4. I sealed my ends with shea butter/EVOO mixture.
(for the curly twist hairstyle)
5. I wet the ends of my hair with water.
6. I then applied a dab of the Fantasia IC Olive Gel to the ends.
7. I set the hair on a sponge roller.
8. I left the rollers in overnight and took them out the next morning.
9. I then started to pin the hair with bobby pins in the direction that I wanted it to fall and I left a bang out (this usually takes about 10-15 minutes).
(to maintain the style)
10. I take the bobby pins out at night and sleep with a satin bonnet. (I do not re-curl my hair, the curls will hold).
11. The next morning I simply take the bonnet off and repeat step 9. To change it up a bit I pinned the bang back on some days.
12. Every other night I oil my hair with EVOO, seal my ends with my shea butter/EVOO mixture, and oil my scalp with essential oils.

Bonus pics: This is the night I set my hair on sponge rollers. I believe this was Day 1 of the twists.
This is the result of the curls, which I didn't like. So I pinned it up into a twist updo. But, I am glad that I curled the twists because they made my curly twist updo look fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment