Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Staple Product: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo


I have already reviewed the Giovanni Deep Moisture Leave-in so now it is time to move on to the shampoo.

I have been a faithful user of this shampoo since I first became natural. I heard many great things about it on numerous blogs so, I knew I would definitely be using that shampoo. Currently, this is my only shampoo. I do love what it does for my hair. I do want to try other shampoos in the future but, I am pleased with my current shampoo. So, why mess up a good thing?

Pros:
1. Has no bad ingredients--no sulfate.
2. Does not leave hair feeling stripped and/or dry.
3. Does what it says--provides deep moisture.
4. Does not give too much lather. It just lightly suds up.
5. I only have to lather once (no repeat) to achieve great results.
6. Price is not ridiculous for such a great product.
7. Does not have an overpowering scent.
8. Can be found at Target, Ulta, etc. so, there is no need to order it.
9. No animal products and cruelty free. Vegan.

Cons:
Honestly, I can't think of one con for this product.

Ingredients: Aqua ((purified water)), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Orange) Extract (*), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (*), Cymbopogon Schoeanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (*), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (*), Echinacea Angustifolia (Coneflower) Extract (*), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (*), Marcocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (*), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (*), Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (*), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (*), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract (*), Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Distearate, Amodimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ethylhexyglycerin, Disteareth 75 IPDI, C11 15 Pareth 7, Citric Acid, C12 16 Pareth 9, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance with Essential Oils

This is definitely my go-to shampoo. Even if I try other shampoos in the future, I will definitely still purchase this product. It is a must have, in my opinion, in my household.

Next up, the Giovanni Deep Moisture conditioner...

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I love this shampoo. I also use the conditioner we well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I will be doing a review on the conditioner soon.

    ReplyDelete