Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How Do You Respond to Random Compliments???


Me and my sister had a conversation on receiving weird compliments on our hair a week ago. Sometimes I really don't know how to respond. I usually just smile when I receive these random compliments because they have good intentions.

Example 1:
Co-worker: "I just love your hair!"
Me: "Thank you," I reply with a smile.
Co-worker: "I have been on the search for a perfect wig just like your hair."
Me: I smile.
Co-worker: "And I finally found it! I ordered it already online."
Me: I smile.

Example 2:
I am walking down the hallway and pass a group of 3 girls.
Girl 1: Whispers loudly, "Her hair is so pretty!"
Girl 2: Whispers back, "I know!"

The example number 2 happens a lot. I really don't know what to do for those compliments. I don't know if I should turn around and say thank you or just keep walking. I usually just keep walking since they weren't talking to me.

But, even when I receive the most random compliments I am still polite and thankful for the gesture. I mean, it may come out very random but, it is all with great intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment