Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hairstyle: Twist Out




Since I have decided to let go of the headbands/scarves I have worn my hair freely out. On Friday evening, I wore my unpicked afro out. That night I twisted my hair and wore a twist-out the next day. I did not expect the twist out to look all that. I twisted it on dry hair with Jamaican Mango & Lime. But it looked gorgeous to me.

So, I have been wearing twist-outs since Saturday. I retwisted my hair on Sunday on damp hair after I shampooed, conditioned, and applied leave-in. This time I used my Fantasia IC Olive Oil gel. My twist out was so pretty! My other sister, J, loved it! So, since the holidays were over and I would be heading back to work, I decided to re-twist the hair that night so it would be fresh.

Tonight I won't be re-twisting the hair. I am going to cover it with a satin bonnet and gently pull in out with my fingers the next morning.

These are the steps:
1. Twist hair on wet or dry hair with locking gel or regular gel.
2. Allow ample time for hair to dry after twisting.
3. Optional: Oil hair after twists have been put in.
4. Take twists out.
5. Optional: Seal the ends of hair.
6. Seperate the twists to obtain a fuller look.
7. You're done!

Note: I covered my problem area by having a off-center part.

No comments:

Post a Comment