Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Staple Product: Fantasia IC Olive Gel


I must admit that I am not an avid user of this gel. However, recently I have tried to increase my use of this gel (since I bought it). In the past, I used it about 2-3 times on my edges before I went to bed. Then, I stopped using it. However, since I am wearing twist-outs more often I decided that I could test out this product and provide a review of it.

Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Dimethicone Copolyol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate-20, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum).

Pros:
1. Gives great hold to the hair.
2. Brings out the curls in the hair.
3. Does not give the hard, crunchy feel to the hair that some gels do.
4. This gel does not contain any alcohol which can be very drying to the hair.
5. Gives a great hold to the edges of the hair.

Cons:
1. It is not the most moisturizing gel.
2. It claims to provide a sleek shine but, I have to add oils in order to obtain a sheen.The shine it provides is not the best--my other hair gel has a better shine.
3. It makes my hair feel dryer which is another reason I add oils to my hair.
4. The smell is average--this is not a major con.

I can say that I will most likely continue to use this product. I am still on the fence on whether I will re-purchase it. I think I may stay on the hunt for a moisturizing gel that gives great hold. So far, my favorite gel is still the Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking gel. Look at my previous post here of my twist-out with the JML gel. There is a much better sheen.

I mainly used this product to set my twists when the hair is wet. And I must admit my twist out today is looking beautiful to me. Below is my hair today. I wet twisted it with the Fantasia IC Olive Gel yesterday after I co-washed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment