Friday, July 30, 2010

Scalp Massage + Oiling the Scalp


It is important that we massage our scalp and it is important that we oil our scalp with natural oils. So why don't we kill two birds with one stone??? (I can't believe I just put that phrase up).

The benefits of scalp massage:
1. Promotes hair growth by stimulating the scalp
2. Increases your relaxation
3. Conditions the scalp
4. Increases the strength of the hair roots
Source: www.hairlossexpert.co.uk

The benefits of oiling the scalp:
1. Prevents a dry scalp that can lead to breakage
2. Decreases flakes and dandruff
3. Promotes hair growth--depending on the type of oil used
4. Helps fight itchy scalp

Now that I have listed the pros of utilizing these techniques, I will now list how I incorporate this into my regimen. About every other night, I will use my natural oil that I purchase from a local business owner. This oil is very lightweight, has a wonderful smell (mango), promotes hair growth, and so much more. (I have not reviewed this oil because it is not widely available.)

The process:
1. Drizzle a small amount of the oil on my fingers.
2. Reach into my roots to begin massage.
3. Gently massage the hair in circular motion using the pads of my fingers--NOT the finger nails.
4. Continue to do this throughout the head. I have a system of doing the front right, then the front left, then the back right, and then the back left. This ensures that I get every part of my hair.
5. Then, I'm done. I am left with a massaged scalp, an oiled scalp, and a great smelling scalp!

No comments:

Post a Comment