Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Was Given the "One Lovely Blog Award"...Yay Me!


Hello all. I just wanted to briefly (Ok it turned out to be not so brief) get on here and tell you that I was recently awarded the "One Lovely Blog Award" by Funbi of DatFunkyFro. Thank you, girlie:-)

How great is that! My blog is like my baby and I appreciate that others enjoy it. It just brightens my day.

So, here are the rules of this award:
1. Accept the award and in your post provide the name & the link of the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell us 7 facts about you that we do not know.
3. Give the award to 15 other lovely blogs that you have just discovered.
4. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

1. Of course I gladly accept this award!!

2. Seven Facts about myself: (1) My birthday is December 29th. I know that is random but, I don't think I ever shared that with you all. (2) I was born, raised, and currently reside in Tuskegee, Alabama and I graduated from Tuskegee University. (3) I was raised as a strict Pentecostal (this is still my belief) and we could not wear pants, nail polish, makeup, earrings, etc. growing up. (4) I believe I adore fashion, clothes, and all things girly because of my upbringing (5) I am an avid dog lover except for pit bulls. Please don't judge me for that:-/ (6) I have one tattoo on my inner right hand wrist that says 11-4-08---the date that Obama won. (7) I don't plan on getting any more tattoos. I think the one I have shows the rebel in me that came to the forefront briefly.

3. 15 Bloggers who deserve the "One Lovely Blog Award" (no particular order): (1) Dat Funky Fro. I don't know if I can give it back to the person who gave it to me, but why not? Great blog with great information on caring for natural hair and beautiful protective styles! (2) Natural Beauty and Wellness. I know she's my sister but, I love her blog. She gives great advice on products, concoctions, finding many uses for one product, information on locs, and natural hair! (3) Precious Curls. I really like this blog! She has the cutest hairstyles, thought-provoking posts, and so much more! (4) Fro Stoppa. This girl has one beautiful head of hair and a great sense of fashion! (5) Healthy Hair and Body. This is another great blog! She has a gorgeous mane of hair, does great features, and gives great advice for our hair and body. (6) Barbara Naturally Speaking. Beautiful hair and great features! (7) Livin LaVida Natural. Though this is a fairly new blog, she has some great posts! There is even one about her experience with Black Tea Rinse. (8)The Moptop Maven. You all know how much I adore the Moptop Maven. My prayers are with her as she is struggling with Wilson's Disease. For this reason, I may not contact her about the Blog Award because she is recuperating. (9) Meechy Monroe. I initially started following her YouTube channel but, I simply love her new blog. She talks about natural hair, her sisters' natural hair, her life, makeup, food and so much more. (10) the Natural Haven. Very informative blog from the perspective of a real-life scientist, Jt. (11) Happy Girl Hair. If you have children, go here for beautiful ideas for styling their natural hair. Adults also can rock some of the styles:-) (12) Target Queen. She is simply gorgeous! She sells beautiful handmade jewelry and she is simply creative. Her natural hair may be long or short in the next breath. She constantly changes it up and it fits her! (13-15) For the last three and then some, I tag all natural bloggers out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment