Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is my hair too big???


Ever since I have been natural one of my main goals has been to have BIG, HUMONGOUS, GORGEOUS, THICK hair. However, I have noticed that lately the questions about straightening my hair are occuring more and more frequently.

Honestly, I am kinda getting tired of the questions. I just want to snap, "No, I'm not doing it!". But, that's not me.

So, I wonder if maybe the questions are occuring more becuause my hair is getting bigger. It makes me start thinking about what is going to occur even a year later--if the Lord wills--and I have more hair? Will my hair no longer be professional enough to wear out to work? Will I be limited to pulling it back and wearing only protective styles? I really don't know.

What I do know is that I like my hair. I like the length it is and I like how thick it is. But, I am now starting to question if it is too much?

I just had to vent for a quick sec:-/
This is how my hair looks at a typical day at work.

5 comments:

  1. Your hair is BEAUTIFUL. It is a valid question, at what point is hair too big to wear out professionally? I think there is a threshold, and at that point like other hair practices that change as hair gets longer, you have to adjust. Maybe not having to always pull it back but changing how you part it, or maybe pinning some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laneshe. And I am beginning to think that soon my hair will no longer be appropriate for completely "out" styles at work. I think I will start playing with more hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair and yourself are GORGEOUS!!! There is no such thing as hair that is too big!!! It's your hair and you can do whatever you want with it! But for work, you can try other styles...You are too creative so im sure you'll be rocking some awesome styles as your hair grows bigggeeer!!! ;)


    www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about professional hair. I am an assistant bank manager and I have never mastered the pin up hair yet. I have been searching youtube to find something that might work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Funbi - Thank you! And my mind has already been dreaming up some new styles. I may start a professional series.

    @Nicole - You are so right! I like the pin-up styles that others do on youtube but, sometimes they don't always work with my thick hair. My hands will begin to hurt from trying to tame it. But, I am going to still try more updos.

    ReplyDelete