Thursday, March 10, 2011

Switiching Up That Side Part


So, I know that some people suggest that you switch up the parts in your hair. It is suggested that we switch up the parts to avoid thinning in that area. I must admit that I am not sure if this is true or not, however; I decided this past Monday to switch up my part.

I simply love parting my hair to my left side. I don't know why. I just like having more of the hair fall over my left eye (this eye is slightly smaller than the other from a horrible bike accident I had in my early teens). So, maybe subconciously I like having my part to the left side. I have done this for years---even during those relaxed times. My second go-to part is the center part. I do like doing this part every now and then for a different yet noticeable look. But, one side I do NOT like parting my hair on is the right side. And this past Monday I did it.

Really, I think it is all in my mind. But, I really am not a fan of parting my hair to the right. It just doesn't fall how I want it to fall. However, I think that its good that I switched up my side part to avoid depending on that other side of my hair. I think that I will continue to switch up my part every now and then, but I must admit that I prefer my left part.

What about you? Do you have a go-to part?

7 comments:

  1. With my locs, my favorite part was the right side (the one you currently have). My locs just seemed to fall better that way. I dont part my hair now. I think it would look odd at this length, and I'm not trying to look like Frederick Douglass from back in the day. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I noticed that most people have a preferred side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Love the new look if the site girl! Spring/Summer is in the air! I'm a habitual right side or middle parter myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! I also have a preferred side! I cannot wear a part of twists over my left side.
    Thanks for sharing sis!


    www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Qzan - Thank you! And Spring is in the air:-)

    @Funbi - Thank you!

    And its nice to know that so many people do have a preferred side because I think I am going back to my left side part on my next wash day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always rock a right side part. It's weird...I wore a left side part when I was chemically altering my hair. Funny how things change...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous - It is funny how some things change as you go natural:-)

    ReplyDelete