Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hairstyle: Cornrows with a Low Pin-up

So, this week was supposed to be my "Afro Week". I was going to wear my hair in an afro for every day of the week. But...it didn't work out. I mentioned previously that when I wear my hair in the Afro I have many tangles/fairy knots in the hair. Also, when I wear the afro I spend so much time picking it out. However, I still wanted to rock the afro despite all of this. I made it three days and I gave in.





Therefore, today's hairstyle is a lazy/protective/low-manipulation hairstyle:-) I cornrowed my hair last night. Then, this morning I unbraided some of the hair in the back and pinned it up. I played with it by putting in a flower, then i put some of the hair over my ear. In the end, I took out the flower and pinned the hair behind my ear.

These are the steps:
1. Cornrow hair into desired direction.
2. Un-braid the hair to about the middle back section of the head.
3. Pin the hair up to achieve a low pin-up/bun style. (refer to the pics for an idea)

Pretty simple.

2 comments:

  1. I tried this hair style today! It was really easy for the most part. I'm at work, it's only 11:45am and almost everyone I have seen today has told me how much they like it.

    Thanks for the great idea. I'll be doing this one again for sure!! Love the blog! :-)

    -AJP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy the hairstyle worked out for you!

    And thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete