Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Hair Regimen


Sunday – style hair for the week (i.e. twists, cornrow hair for afro/braid-out, etc.)

Monday – continue to maintain my hairstyle, oil hair with EVOO/carol’s daughter tui oil/other essential oils (I do not use all these oils at once. I alternate.)

Tuesday – continue to maintain hairstyle, seal ends with Hollywood Beauty Olive Crème or Shea Butter Olive Oil mixture

Wednesday – continue to maintain hairstyle, oil hair with EVOO/carol's daughter tui oil/other essential oils (I do not use all these oils at once. I alternate.)

Thursday – continue to maintain hairstyle, seal ends with Hollywood Beauty Olive Crème or Shea Butter Olive Oil mixture

Friday – continue to maintain hairstyle, co-wash in the evening with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner or Suave Tropical Coconut or V05 Moisture Milks, deep condition hair, use a leave-in of Cantu Shea butter or Garnier Fructise Leave-in Conditioning Cream, braid hair while damp

Saturday – wear hair in cornrows with a tam over it, oil/moisturize hair that night, sometimes I will co-wash on Saturday night if I did not do it on Friday night (the routine is the same as detailed above, which is co-wash, deep condition, use a leave-in, braid while damp)

**Once a month I will shampoo my hair with Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo, Condition with the Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner, and then use Giovanni Deep Moisture Leave-in. This is usually done on the last Friday or Saturday in the month. I do not use the other conditioners/leave-ins mentioned previously on this day.

**Maintain hairstyle refers to braiding my hair up for the night if wearing an afro or braid out. When I have twists I will simple cover the hair with a satin bonnet

**I always cover my hair with a satin bonnet for the night and even when taking a nap.


Please note: I try to keep my hair routine as simple as possible. It does not take a complex routine to maintain our hair. We must simply care for it by ensuring the scalp is clean and the hair is moisturized. Refer to this KISS method in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment