Monday, June 7, 2010

Hairstyle: Curly Mini Twists

Thursday night I set the curls on sponge rollers...
Wasn't feeling the hair at all on Friday morning...
Put a tam on it to cover it...
I eventually started to like the tight curls on Saturday...
Started wearing the hair out and this is Sunday...
Its Monday and I am now loving my hair!

So, on a previous post I mentioned that I was going to curl my mini twists on sponge rollers. I did not know what to expect and I must admit that initially I hated them! However, I did not want to wear my hair covered by a tam the entire weekend so I wore the curls out. By then, the curls were looser and I started to kinda like my hair. As the days went by I started to really like my hair.

This hairstyle is a low maintenance hairstyle. Over my 3-day weekend in Birmingham, all I did was cover my hair with a satin scarf. The next day, I would take the scarf off and pull any curls that were smooshed overnight. I am on day 4 of the curly twists and my hair is still looking nice. This will definitely be a recurring hairstyle.

These are the steps:
1. Put hair in mini twists using some sort of locking gel or leave-in.
2. Take sections of hair and spritz hair lightly with water and add a small amount of leave-in conditioner (this will help to set the curls).
3. After spritzing a section of hair, curl with the sponge roller in the direction you want the curl to fall.
4. Let the curls set overnight.
5. Take the rollers out the next morning and gently pull at the hair to loosen some of the curls.
6. Optional: Pin some of the hair on the side with two bobby pins (I do this to avoid looking like Orphan Annie).

2 comments: