Friday, June 11, 2010

A Staple Product: Extra Virgin Olive Oil


My, oh my! How I love EVOO!

I have heard about the many wonderful benefits of EVOO on a number of blogs. But, I did not fully understand the joys of this product until I used it on my own hair.

Pros:
(1) Gives a great sheen to the hair that lasts for days
(2) Does not give a oily/greasy feel to the hair
(3) The smell is very subtle and does not compete with other fagrances
(4) Leaves hair feeling wonderfully soft
(5) It is great for the hair and skin as a moisturizer and leaves a wonderful glow
(6) Controls frizzy hair
(7) A little goes a long way
(8) And though this pro does not relate to hair...it is one of the most healthy oils to cook with!

Cons:
(1) None

According to the Global Healing Center: Extra virgin olive oil comes from the first press only and is the highest quality olive oil with perfect flavor, aroma, and balanced acidity.

Because of this description of EVOO, I choose to use the extra virgin form of olive oil compared to Pure Olive Oil, Virgin Olive Oil, or Cold Pressed Olive Oil. It is best that we use the oil in its highest quality because only then can we gain all the nutrients and full benefits of it.

EVOO will definitely be a staple product and added to my regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment