Monday, June 21, 2010

A Staple Product: Cheapie Conditioners

Cheap Conditioners are a must for me since I have been natural. I co-wash (washing with conditioner only) my hair once a week and sometimes twice a week. So it is imperative that I have my cheapie conditioners.

The reasons I co-wash are listed below:
1. Retain my natural oils in my hair.
2. Avoid harsh sulfates on my hair.
3. Effectively clean my scalp.
4. Moisture, moisture, moisture!

There is a vast amount of information on co-washing on a number of blogs/websites if you wish to learn more. Google it:-)

My favorite conditioner that has been a staple--even when transitioning--is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. I learned about the benefits of this conditioner from CurlyNikki.com. I buy this product in the family size bottle because I use it that much. I love the following about this conditioner: (1)the texture is rich and thick (2)provides great moisture to the hair (3)the smell is wonderful.
Another conditioner that I buy in bulk is the V05 Moisture Milks conditioner. This is the cheapest of the conditioners with a price range of .77 at my local CVS. I love the following about this product: (1)comes in a wide range of flavor (strawberry, passion fruit, lavender, etc.) that smells simply divine (2)very inexpensive (3)provides moisture to the hair (4)and though the texture is very thin/watery I still love that it is effective.
The last conditioner I will discuss is the Suave Naturals Cocunut Conditioner. I have just started using this product because my sister Auset is a faithful user of it and she loves it. So, while at Target I bought a bottle for $1.12. This past weekend was the first time I ever used this conditioner and I must say that I love it. This is what I lvoe about the product: (1)the texture is not too thin or too thick (2)the cocunut scent is wonderful but, not overpowering (3)this conditioner made my curls/coils POP! (4)provided great moisture to my hair.
These are the cheapie conditioners I am currently using. If I try any new conditioners I will be sure to provide a post about it. In addition, I use all of these conditioners to deep condition my hair. This simply means I saturate my hair in the conditioner and then put a plastic shower cap on my hair. I usually deep condition for 15 minutes and then wash it out.

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever add oils to your conditioners for extra conditioning or a deep condition?

    ReplyDelete