Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Natural Inspiration: Zahara Jolie-Pitt



I know that I am much older that Zahara, however; I still adore Zahara's hair. Therefore, she is definitely a natural inspiration. I love that Zahara's parents kept her hair in its natural state and did not feel a need to conform it with a relaxer, texturizer, pressiong comb, etc.

Zahara has faced some controversey from others regarding her hair. There are blogs out there who feel that she needs a comb and that her hair is unkempt. First off, our hair should not be combed with a fine-tooth comb. It can be detangled while wet with a wide tooth comb. But, some people--even in the black community--don't know this. Secondly, I adore when they allow her hair to be in its free-formed afro. It looks simply adorable:-) And lastly, Zahara'a hair has never looked damaged/dry/brittle to me. It looks as if it is always moisturized/clean/healthy.

I look forward to the day I will have children and get to embrace their natural texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment