Monday, August 16, 2010

A Staple Product: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner


In a previous post, I discussed the importance of buying cheapie conditioners. I am an avid co-washer and it is imperative that I am always stocked with my conditioners. I have a few of my staple cheapie conditioners and I am usually reluctant to try new types. However, my sister Auset, is an avid buyer of conditioners and she bought me this Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (it was a 2 for $5 special).

I must admit that I simply adore this conditioner and it will be added to my list of conditioners that I regularly buy.

These are the pros of this product:
1. It has a thick and creamy consistency.
2. It leaves the hair with a nice sheen.
3. It is great for leaving in because it gives a nice hold without being hard.
4. It is made specifically for hair that has curls and waves (my twist-out is super defined today).
5. The smell is just divine. It consists of lavender and jade.

The cons of this product:
1. Because the texture is thick and creamy it will leave some white residue on the hair. However, I alleviate this by applying my olive oil after my hair is fully dry. (This may not be a con for most people because they may wash their conditioner out, but I leave it in my hair.)

Below is the result of my hair from using this conditioner as a leave-in.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you enjoyed the conditioner so much sis. Happy to add to your Holy Grail collection.

    ReplyDelete