Friday, August 20, 2010
A Staple Product: Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil
This is my second review for a Hollywood Beauty product. I bought this HB Castor Oil because of the ingredients that were listed--they're very good and understandable. I must admit that it is not a product I use a whole lot. However, I do use it.
This product claims to do the following: Provide Moisturizing, Healing, Strengthening, and Conditioning for the Hair and Scalp.
I mainly use this product on my scalp. I use it only when I feel my scalp is very dry, which is not very often. I also use it on my missing patch of hair. (Click HERE for that blog post). I must say that I really appreciate this product.
Here are the pros of the product:
1. It is great for a dry scalp.
2. It really does help with problem areas of the scalp--my hair has begun to grow back in this area in a little over a month.
3. If you like to apply "grease" to your scalp or your child's scalp, this is the better choice.
Here are the cons of the produt:
1. This product can get a "greasy" feel to it when used on the hair.
2. If applied to the hair, it can feel as if there is build-up from the product on the hair. It has a heavy feel and I like my hair lightweight.
Ingredients: Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex , Castor Oil , Mink Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate- Vitamin E , Jojoba Oil , Paraffin Oil , Safflower Oil , Lanolin , Cocoa Butter , Propylparaben , Fragrance
Overall, I do like this product. I feel it is a great product for providing moisture to the scalp. This is not a product that I use everyday but, it is a product that is used. I try to apply it about every 1-2 days to my problem are to promote conditioning, healing, and strengthening. So far, I feel it is a great aid in this area.