Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Staple Product: Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner


So, I have had the Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner since I first became natural. I really didn't know how I felt about the leave-in, which is why I have been hesitant to review it. However, this past weekend I used it again and I realize that I do like this product. My initial hesitant feelings was mainly due to the frothy white residue that is on the hair after you apply the leave-in. I guess I was used to leave-ins that don't leave any type of residue. Yet, what's amazing about this residue is that is soaks into the hair and eventually disappears. So, here's my thoughts on this leave-in conditioner...

Pros:
1. This product has great ingredients.
2. This product promotes moisture in the hair, which is always good.
3. There is not an overpowering scent to this product.
4. This product soaks into each strand of the hair once applied.
5. This product does not leave a build-up.
6. This product gives control to the hair but, it keeps the hair soft.

Cons:
1. There is a white frothy residue on the hair but, it eventually leaves.
2. The price may be considered too high--considering that you can get these same results with some cheapie conditioners.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Purifed) Water, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch (Butela Alba) Leaf Oil, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis Flower) Oil, Clary (Salvia Sclarea), Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Fargara), Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, Mallow (Malya Sylvestris), Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Oil, Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Tocopherol (*Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived)

Overall, I am pleased with this product. Will I be buying it again? Most likely. I am loyal to the Giovanni line of products. They have some great products. So, I know that when I go to my local Target to restock on my Giovanni I will be repurchasing this product. Also, I think its good to spoil yourself sometimes.

There will be more reviews of the Giovanni line coming in the future...

3 comments:

  1. I love the Giovanni Direct Leave-In. It is one of my two leave-in conditioners now, the other being Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this brand! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Indy. I,too, have never heard of this line but after this great review, I might go to target and pick this up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete